Monday, September 26, 2011

Claudia's Closet - Ice Cream top

I thought it was high time I made something for Claudia, it's been ages! I've been hoarding Oliver and S patterns for a while, they seem to discontinue them quite frequently, and I do love them, and I hate missing out, so I bought a lot!

I loved the look of this pattern so I gave it a crack on the weekend, it had a two scissor rating (it goes up to four) so I thought I'd be okay with my fairly limited seamstress skills. I did have trouble with one part of it (attaching the back yoke, I just didn't get it, I'm sure it must be the pattern....), anyway I just winged it and it worked out okay. Luckily Claudia likes it:



I used a gorgeous pinwheel fabric from Sarah Jane's Children at Play line (pinwheels! practically my dream fabric!) and some red Moda Bliss for the yoke that I've had stashed for a while.

I'm inspired to try out my other Oliver and S patterns now.

I almost forgot, seeing this is technically an 'outfit post':

top by Cath, skinny jeans by Ralph Lauren, trainers by Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment