Monday, May 2, 2011

A new QUIP - City Weekend Swirly Pop

Seeing as I really only had a couple of quilts on the go (and people tell me that "real" quilters always have numerous quilting projects at various stages of incompleteness) I decided to start one I've been sitting on for a while. I ordered the fabrics (City Weekend for Moda by Oliver and S) and decided on the pattern (Swirly Pop by Cluck Cluck Sew) months ago. Finally started over the easter weekend.

 Still a way to go but loving it so far. I've used a light grey solid instead of white, not such a great photo but it really does make the colours pop.



I was left with all these cute little offcuts, so I sewed them together and viola! A mini zigzag quilt (and it really is mini, only about 10cm x 10cm.



Which then was sewn onto a card for my good friend Sal's birthday:


All in all, a very productive Easter sewing-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment